Latest Geography of French Polynesia Stories
Art Historian and m/s Paul Gauguin Guest Lecturer Dr. Caroline Boyle-Turner Reveals New Findings BELLEVUE, Wash., Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul Gauguin Cruises (www.pgcruises.com), operator of the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific, the m/s Paul Gauguin, and the 88-guest m/v Tere Moana, helps make new discoveries about the life of Paul Gauguin, adding a new dimension to the world's body of knowledge of the artist. Dr. Caroline...
The Marquesan Imperial Pigeon, Ducula galeata, is a pigeon which is endemic to the Nuku Hiva in the Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia. It is also named the Nukuhiva Imperial Pigeon. It is only found in some valleys in the western part of the island. This bird is critically endangered, with an estimated population of less than 150.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.