Latest Geography of London Stories
[ Watch the Video: Roman Skulls Turn Up In London River ] Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Archaeologists working with London’s Crossrail project have announced the latest discovery brought about by the transit project’s excavations – 20 human skulls. The team of archaeologists said the skulls were probably washed away from burial sites by the Walbrook river, one of London's 'lost' waterways. “This is an unexpected and fascinating discovery that reveals...
By Amol Rajan LONDONERS CAN find out how much robbery, burglary and car crime takes place in their areas by logging on to a new Metropolitan Police website. The site uses a colour code to highlight crime hotspots and distinguish between different boroughs. Browsers can zoom in and find out what is going on in areas covering just six streets. The site works in conjunction with the search engine devices Google Maps and Google Earth. A postcode box allows users to hone in on any specific...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.