Geography of Minnesota Reference Libraries
Chippewa National Forest is a national forest located in northcentral Minnesota, United States, in the counties of Cass, Itasca, and Beltrami. The forest headquarters are located in Cass Lake, Minnesota. There are local ranger district offices in Deer River, Walker, and Blackduck. The forest encompasses 666,623 acres. Water is plentiful, with over 1,300 lakes, 923 miles of streams and...
Voyageurs National Park is located in the state of Minnesota in the United States. The park contains 218,200 acres of land ancient Native Americans. The first explorers of European descent arrived in the area in 1688. These were French fur traders and explores, known as voyageurs, the people for which the park was named. Logging began in 1880’s and 1890’s and was such a lucrative and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.