Latest Geography of Mongolia Stories
Inner Mongolia Agricultural University (IMAU), Inner Mongolia University for the Nationalities (IMUN) and BGI, the world's largest genomics organization, jointly announced the first complete sequencing of Mongolian genome. This genomic study will help researchers to better understand the evolutionary process and migration of Mongolians and their ancestors from Africa to Asia, which also lays an important genomic foundation for further development of human genetic diseases research....
Mahakala is a genus of dinosaur from the Campanian age (80 million years ago) of the Upper Cretaceous Period. It was found in the Djadokhta Formation of Mongolia. It is known from a partial skeleton found in the Gobi Desert. Mahakala is named for one of eight deities from Sanskrit in Tibetan Buddhism. Mahakala was a very small dinosaur, only about 2.5 feet in length. Despite its late arrival in the dinosaur era, it has primitive characteristics. Its small size is thought to be an early...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.