Latest George Edwards Stories
Michael Harper for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online It´s a wonderful time in which we live, isn´t it? This weekend, for instance, people all over the world were able to switch from cheering on their local athletes in the Olympic Games in London to watching in wonder as NASA landed their Curiosity rover on the surface of Mars, a significant triumph of modern technology. Just as the world is becoming acutely aware of the future quickly approaching us, a piece of news...
By Sarah Moses, Cumberland Times News, Md. Jul. 23--FROSTBURG -- While there is little question among those involved that the coal reserves beneath the Casselman Basin will become a coal mine, what will be done with the coal is still in question. "This is all still very preliminary," Sen. George Edwards said. "The mine's going to go, but I think there is interest, at least from companies, to move plans forward. We have energy problems in the country. We have energy problems in the state....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.