Latest George Eugene Uhlenbeck Stories
Papers document history of frontier physics research COLLEGE PARK, Md., July 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Niels Bohr Library and Archives of the American Institute of Physics (AIP), has digitized and released online the complete papers of renowned physicist Samuel A. Goudsmit (1902-1978). (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100714/AIPLOGO) The papers, which occupy 39 linear feet of shelf space in the library and contain approximately 69,000 images, are now published...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.