Latest George Levick Stories
A previously unreleased study detailing the lewd and lascivious sexual behaviors of penguins, compiled during Captain Robert Scott's South Pole in the early 1900s, has finally been published after being suppressed for nearly a century because of explicit content. The paper, "The Sexual Habits of the AdÃ©lie Penguins," was written in 1915 by Dr. George Levick, a surgeon and medical officer during Scott's legendary 1910-1913 Antarctic expedition. His observations on the sex lives...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.