Latest Geotrupidae Stories
Many livestock producers are unaware that herd management practices influence the effectiveness of dung beetles Dung beetles are important to healthy cattle pasture ecosystems as they provide for nutrient recycling, removal of waste products from the soil surface and assist in the reduction of pestiferous flies. Numerous exotic dung beetles have been accidentally or intentionally introduced to the North American continent and several of these have become established. In "Indigenous...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.