Latest Germain Bayon Stories
An influx of humans into the lush rainforests of Central Africa, and the deforestation that followed, may have played a role in changing the landscape of the region into the savannas and grasslands that exist there today, a team of French scientists claim in a new study. According to Rachel Nuwer of Science Now, lead author Germain Bayon, a geochemist at the French Research Institute for Exploration of the Sea in PlouzanÃ©, and colleagues originally intended to study the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.