Latest Glaucous Macaw Stories
The American Bird Conservancy says Lear's Macaw, a blue parrot found in northeastern Brazil, has been reassessed from critically endangered to endangered. The drop to the lesser threat category on the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources list was a direct result of conservation action, ABC officials said. The current population of Lear's Macaw is estimated to be 960 birds, up from fewer than 100 birds in 1989, the ABC said in a statement. American Bird...
The Hyacinth Macaw (Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus), or Hyacinthine Macaw, is a species of parrot that is found in South America. It exists in three main colonies: the Pantanal region of Brazil, the Cerrado region of eastern Brazil, and around the Tocantins River, Xingu River, TapajÃ³s River, and the MarajÃ³ island in the eastern Amazon Basin of Brazil. They are also found in eastern Bolivia and northeastern Paraguay. Its habitat is palm swamps, woodlands, and other semi-open wooded areas. It...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.