Latest Glen Gawarkiewicz Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online The ocean waters around the New England continental shelf were warmer than usual thanks to a divergence in the Gulf Stream path that started about one year ago, researchers from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) announced on Thursday. The study, which was published in the August edition of the journal Scientific Reports, began after local commercial fisherman met with WHOI members and alerted them to unusually high...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.