Latest Glenn Highway Stories
By Margaret Bauman, Alaska Journal of Commerce, Anchorage Jul. 27--A new federal/state visitor center in the planning stages for an area near Tok, just 91 miles from the Canadian border, has moved another step forward toward welcoming upward of 100,000 visitors annually. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials said July 11 that they recently purchased 8.3 acres of private land along the Alaska Highway, about a mile east of the junction of the Alaska and the Glenn highways. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.