Latest Global Environmental Technologies Stories
Each winter over 15 million tons of de-icing salt is used on the streets and driveways of the United States. With some 70 percent of Americans residing in areas that receive at least 5 inches of snowfall annually, salt-related damage to lawns, shrubbery and other plant life is a headache for millions of homeowners. To combat the problem, many consumers resort to over watering and the use of topsoil, seeding and fertilizer each spring. Finally, there's a natural, non-toxic solution to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.