Iridium Satellite -- The Iridium satellite constellation is also a system of 66 active communication satellites and spares around the earth. Named for the element Iridium, it was originally to have 77 active satellites, but was later redesigned to have its current number, though the name was retained. Iridium allowed worldwide voice and data communications using handheld devices. The Iridium service once failed financially and the earth stations were shut down. Its financial...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.