Gobi Desert Reference Libraries
The Mongolian death worm is a cryptid that is claimed to inhabit the Gobi Desert. It lives underground in hibernation except for the months of June and July. It will surface from its underground habitat when it rains and soaks the ground. It is alleged to kill its prey from a distance. It either sprays an acidic venom that dissolves anything it touches, or by an electrical discharge....
Nomingia is a genus of theropod dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous Period. It was discovered in the Bugin Tsav Beds around the Gobi Desert. It is named for the Nomingiin Gobi, which is part of the nearby Gobi Desert. It was described in 2000 based on several skeletal fragments. The type species is N. gobiensis. Nomingia was a medium-sized theropod with beaked jaws and possibly a display...
Citipati, meaning "funeral pyre lord", is a genus of theropod dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous Period of what is now Mongolia. It is known from the Djadokhta Formation in the Gobi Desert. It is one of the best known oviraptorids thanks to a number of well preserved fossils, some of which have been found in brooding positions on top of egg nests. These findings help solidify the link between...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.