Latest Goeldi's Monkey Stories
Florida police said a thief or thieves used bolt cutters to enter cages at the Palm Beach Zoo and steal four monkeys and a parrot. West Palm Beach police said three squirrel monkeys, a Goeldi's monkey and the parrot were discovered missing Thursday morning, WPBF-TV, West Palm Beach, reported Thursday. Authorities said a $5,000 reward is being offered for the return of the animals.
Goeldi's Marmoset or Goeldi's Monkey (Callimico goeldii) is a small, South American New World monkey. It lives in the upper Amazon Basin region of Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. Goeldi's Marmosets are blackish or blackish-brown in color. Their bodies are around 8 to 9 inches long (about 22 cm), and their tails are 10 to12 inches long (25-30 cm). Females reach sexual maturity at 8.5 months, males at 16.5 months. The gestation period lasts from 140 to 180 days. Unlike...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.