Latest Graham Kendall Stories
Can computers solve the logistical nightmare of planning English football fixtures?Professor Graham Kendall from the School of Computer Science at The University of Nottingham believes they can. He has devised a special software program for the Christmas and New Year fixtures which automatically takes into account detailed criteria laid down by the football authorities and reduces travel distances for clubs and fans.Graham Kendall, a professor in computer science, said: "The biggest...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.