Gran Paradiso National Park Reference Libraries
The Alpine ibex (Capra ibex) can be found in the European Alps. It is locally known as the Steinbock in German, the bouquetin in French, the kozorog in Slovenian, and the stambecco in Italian. Its range was once restricted to Northern Italy in the Gran Paradiso National Park, but now comprises nearly all of the European Alps including France, Italy, Germany, Slovenia, Austria, and Switzerland....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.