Latest Grandfamily Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Raising a child can place quite a strain on any family’s finances, but a new study demonstrates that the burden is especially cumbersome for the increasing number of older men and women raising their grandchildren. The Elder Index, which was compiled by experts at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research and the Insight Center for Community Economic Development, reports that over 300,000 grandparents in the state of California...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.