Latest Granular cheese Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Cheese is, and has been for centuries, one of the most popular food products. The National Dairy Council recognizes over 400 varieties in the U.S. alone. Roman legionnaires were given hard cheeses as part of their daily rations when on military maneuvers, and Pliny's Natural History, written in 77 CE, devotes an entire chapter to describing the variety of cheeses enjoyed by Romans. A team of scientists led by the University of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.