Latest Greed Stories
In Frank Capra's "It's A Wonderful Life," populist hero George Bailey spars with the fat cats and unabashedly champions the little guys. What we are witnessing today, however, are those professing to be George have actual beliefs and policies resembling Mr. Potter's. You remember Potter -- the ultimate fat cat, staunch enemy of "do- gooders" and the champion of individual initiative and unbridled greed. Dennis Kostecki Mammoth Lakes, Calif. (c) 2008 Deseret News (Salt Lake City)....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.