Latest Greek government Stories
A spokesman for the Greek government said farmers should negotiate, rather than protest in the streets following a skirmish between farmers and police. What is important is the dialogue, spokesman Evangelos Antonaros said. Police used tear gas to break up a protest Monday after about 500 farmers from the Island of Crete went to the Greek port of Piraeus to protest the government's handling of a new agriculture compensation package. The government announced a $642 million aid package for...
EU approves Greek plan to privatize national carrier Olympic Airways ATHENS, Sept. 17 (Xinhua) -- The European Commission on Wednesday approved a Greek government plan to rescue ailing national carrier Olympic Airways, Greek Transport Minister Costis Hatzidakis announced after an Inner Cabinet meeting chaired by Premier Costas Karamanlis. Hatzidakis told reporters after the meeting that the new air carrier would be privatized, offering job security for its workforce. The plan provides...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.