Latest Greenhouse gas remediation Stories
Australian research institute Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) launched a new website on Monday that allows Internet users to monitor greenhouse gas emissions. The site was developed so people can see how climate-warming gases have increased as a result of human activities. "The measurements testify to a steady rise in carbon dioxide concentrations in the Earth's atmosphere, mainly caused by the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation," CSIRO scientist...
The vast amount of carbon stored in the arctic and boreal regions of the world is more than double that previously estimated, according to a study published this week.The amount of carbon in frozen soils, sediments and river deltas (permafrost) raises new concerns over the role of the northern regions as future sources of greenhouse gases."We now estimate the deposits contain over 1.5 trillion tons of frozen carbon, about twice as much carbon as contained in the atmosphere", said Dr. Charles...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.