Latest Greg Barsh Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Cat enthusiasts can tell you all about the myriad of coat patterns that can be found on domestic cats and their larger, wild cousins. From cheetahs to tigers to snow leopards, wild cats have distinctive patterns of light and dark fur, forming spots, stripes, swirls, blotches, marbles and rosettes. A research team led by Stanford University has unlocked the biological secret behind a rare, striped cheetah found only in sub-Saharan...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.