Latest Greg Dietl Stories
A chance discovery in Mexico leads Cornell scientist to rewrite fossil history of shell-breaking crabWhile waiting for colleagues at a small natural history museum in the state of Chiapas, Mexico last year, Cornell paleontologist Greg Dietl chanced upon a discovery that has helped rewrite the evolutionary history of crabs and the shelled mollusks upon which they preyed.In a museum display case he recognized a 67- to 69-million-year-old fossil from the Late Cretaceous period of a big crab with...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.