Latest Greg Hunt Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online As the controversial Japanese whaling season quickly approaches and as the conservationist group Sea Shepherd launches its fleet of vessels to confront whalers head on, Australia announced it would send a plane as well to monitor the situation in the Southern Ocean. However, the country’s Environment Minister, Greg Hunt, is drawing fire from a campaign group for opting to send a plane rather than a ship. The Greens, an...
Honeybee populations have been in serious decline for years, and Purdue University scientists may have identified one of the factors that cause bee deaths around agricultural fields. Analyses of bees found dead in and around hives from several apiaries over two years in Indiana showed the presence of neonicotinoid insecticides, which are commonly used to coat corn and soybean seeds before planting. The research showed that those insecticides were present at high concentrations in waste...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.