Latest Greg Rohan Stories
DALLAS - An art collector has paid about $2.3 million for a $1,000 U.S. bill printed in 1890, the auction house that brokered the transaction between two anonymous private collectors said Friday. "This $1,000 bill is one of only two known of its type; the other surviving example is in the museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco," said Greg Rohan, president of Dallas-based Heritage Auction Galleries. He said that type of bank note is known to collectors as a "Grand Watermelon"...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.