Latest Gregory H. Johnson Stories
By Chelsey Levingston, Dayton Daily News, Ohio Jul. 31--Fairborn High School graduate and NASA space shuttle pilot Col. Gregory H. Johnson will visit Dayton again and speak at the Dayton Engineers Club on Thursday Aug. 7. Johnson was pilot of the shuttle Endeavour's mission that ended with a March 26 landing at Kennedy Space Center, Fla. He will speak about his 16-day mission to the International Space Station and about his upcoming mission to train the Hubble Space Telescope's...
Gregory Johnson is a NASA astronaut and a former colonel in the United States Air Force. He was born Gregory Harold "Box" Johnson on May 12, 1962 in South Ruislip, Middlesex, United Kingdom. Throughout his childhood, he became an Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America.. He graduated from Park Hills High School in Fairborn, Ohio in 1980 and went on to attend the United States Air Force Academy, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering in 1984. He was...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.