Latest Guerrero earthquake Stories
News from the Seismological Society of America 2013 Annual Meeting The entire world becomes an aftershock zone after a massive magnitude (M) 7 or larger earthquake–but what hazard does this pose around the planet? Researchers are working to extend their earthquake risk estimates over a global scale, as they become better at forecasting the impact of aftershocks at a local and regional level. There is little doubt that surface waves from a large, M7 earthquake can distort fault...
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A strong earthquake was felt in Mexico City on Friday and some buildings were evacuated, witnesses said. The tremor was also felt in the neighboring state of Morelos. The strength of the earthquake was not immediately known or whether there were any casualties.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.