Gunnison River Reference Libraries
The Grand Mesa National Forest is a U.S. National Forest located in Mesa, Delta, and Garfield counties in western Colorado. It borders the White River National Forest towards the north and the Gunnison National Forest towards the east. The forest covers the majority of Grand Mesa and the southern part of Battlement Mesa. It has a total area of 346,555 acres. It is managed by the United States...
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is located in the western portion of Colorado in the United States. The park holds 30,750 acres of land that was once inhabited by Native Americans, including the Ute people. The first recorded American presence in the area occurred in 1881, when the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad encountered the area, taking nearly two years to build a line...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.