Latest Halloween around the world Stories
NEW YORK, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Despite the recent spike in popularity of vampires, werewolves, and horror films, half of U.S. adults (51%) feel Halloween is an overhyped holiday and one-third (32%) believe only children should dress up for Halloween. This may help explain why two-thirds of adults (66%) say they plan to celebrate Halloween this year, but only one-quarter (26%) are planning to dress up. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100517/NY06256LOGO ) (Logo:...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.