Latest Hannu Martikainen Stories
A single embryo implant is cheaper and more effective than using two or more embryos at one time, according to a Finnish study published on Wednesday. The new findings appear to challenge previous notions that the method of implanting multiple embryos during in-vitro fertilization is the most effective approach to helping a woman become pregnant. "This is the first study to evaluate the cumulative effect of fresh cycles with subsequent cycles using frozen-thawed embryos in a complete,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.