Latest Hans Breiter Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online With the movement to legalize marijuana appearing to gain momentum across the US, new attention is being given to the negative effects the drug has on the brain. According to a new study published on Wednesday in the Journal of Neuroscience, even causal use of marijuana can have a significant impact of the shape, volume and density of certain brain regions. The study team also found that the more marijuana a person smoked – the more...
Abnormalities in cocaine addicts' brains appear to correlate with dysfunction in areas of attention and for reward-based decision-making, U.S. researchers say. Principal investigator Dr. Hans Breiter of the Massachusetts General Hospital says some of the abnormalities may reflect an inborn vulnerability to drug use, while others appear to be the result of long-term cocaine exposure. "These data point to a mixture of both drug effects and predisposition underlying the structural alterations...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.