Latest Hard-edge painting Stories
Frederick Hammersley, known as an abstract classicist in the art community, has died at the age of 90 in Albuquerque, N.M., his sister says. The Los Angeles Times reported Saturday that Hammersley spent five decades combining hard-edge abstraction with his intuitive touch to create memorable paintings in the wake of being at the forefront of the abstract art movement. In 1959, Hammersley were included in a traveling exhibition, Four Abstract Classicists, along with artists Lorser Feitelson,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.