Latest Harold W. Gehman Jr. Stories
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The chief investigator of the Columbia disaster said Wednesday he's fine with NASA resuming shuttle launches in just two weeks, even though the space agency falls short of making three safety improvements he called for in 2003. "It sounds to me like they're ready to go," retired Navy Adm. Harold Gehman Jr. said in an interview with The Associated Press. "As far as what I know, they have taken all the steps necessary to be ready to fly in July." Gehman said the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.