Hawaiian Volcano Observatory Reference Libraries
Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park is located in the United States on the island of Hawaiʻi. The park contains 323,431 acres of land, of which half is designated as Hawaii Volcanoes Wilderness, and the distinctive Mauna Loa and Kīlauea volcanoes. Mauna Loa is the world’s largest volcano and Kīlauea is among the world’s most active. The first American visitor to the park was Asa Thurston...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.