Latest Hazel Crest Stories
By Gary Lee Clothier Question: Who is the announcer who opens the television series "Adventures of Superman"? You know: "Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!" >D.L., Hazel Crest, Ill. Answer: During the 1950s, the voice of Willard "Bill" Kennedy filled the TV airwaves, and his work on "Superman" (1952 to 1958) made him one of the most recognized voices of the era. Kennedy (1908- 1997) was an actor, voice artist...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.