Latest HCV Stories
- In Phase 3 clinical trials, VIEKIRA PAK cured 95-100 percent of hepatitis C patients, with less than 2 percent of patients experiencing virological failure NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., Dec.
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Dec.
LONDON, December 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Report Details Hepatitis C treatments - your guide to medical needs, R&D trends and future drug revenues Discover
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Aethlon Medical, Inc.
- Major regulatory milestone achieved toward approval in the European Union NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., Nov.
Nature Communications paper offers pivotal new information about how the virus interacts with and evades therapeutics, as well as new clues to its role in cancer development. New
NEW YORK, November 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Survey Finds Majority of Primary Care Physicians Lack Confidence in Screening
- In adult patients co-infected with genotype 1 (GT1) hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1 infection, TURQUOISE-I demonstrated sustained virologic response
- Results demonstrated high response rates in adult chronic hepatitis C genotype 4 patients without cirrhosis BOSTON, Nov.
Hepatitis C virus (HCV) is an enveloped, positive-sense single-stranded RNA virus of the family Flaviviridae. It consists of a core of genetic material surrounded by an icosahedra protective shell of protein. The genome consists of a single open reading frame that is 9600 nucleotide bases long. HCV replication takes several steps. It primarily replicates in the hepatocytes of the liver. It can also reproduce in peripheral blood mononuclear cells. There is a wide variety of genotypes and...
- One who brings meat to the table; hence, in some countries, the official title of the grand master or steward of the king's or a nobleman's household.