Latest HD 60532 b Stories
John P. Millis, Ph.D. for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The newest addition to our planet-hunting arsenal, the HARPS spectrograph, has characterized two new worlds. Planets KOI-200 b and KOI-889 b are Jupiter-like planets that orbit very close to their host stars. With periods of less than 10 days, the so-called “Hot Jupiters” were originally detected using NASA´s Kepler spacecraft. This instrument has documented more than 800 new exoplanets, with thousands...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.