Latest Headlands School Stories
The Van Allen radiation belts are a hazardous environment, full of 'killer' electrons that can be lethal to orbiting satellites. And when those electrons sometimes hit the atmosphere, they alter its chemistry with implications for climate variation. Now students at a school in Yorkshire are set to help scientists better understand the belts. Dr Andrew Kavanagh will present this innovative project between Lancaster University and Headlands School and Community Science College on Wednesday 20...
East Riding schools can today celebrate excellent GCSE results, despite the area being one of the most under-funded in the country for education. Schools and the local education authority have had to be resourceful to ensure students stay at the top of the class when it comes to exams. The East Riding is the eighth worst-funded local education authority in the country this year, and has been as low as fifth from the bottom of the cash league for schools. So education officers at East...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.