Latest Health care system Stories
Report sponsored by The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Interfaith Medical Center´s IM Foundation and New York State Department of Health Brooklyn, NY (PRWEB) April 10, 2013 In conjunction with the proposed redesign of Brooklyn´s Health Care System the Community Health Planning Workgroup (CPHW), a consortium of community stakeholders, healthcare providers and community health planners, today released The Need for Caring in North and Central Brooklyn, A Community Health Needs Assessment,...
Health systems worldwide are increasingly negotiating secret price rebates from pharmaceutical companies and Canadians risk losing out on the deal. "The pricing of medicines is now a game of negotiation, similar to buying a car at a dealership," says Steve Morgan, an expert in health policy at the University of British Columbia. "There's a list price equivalent to a manufacturer's suggested retail price; and then there's secret deals that everyone negotiates from there." In a study...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.