Latest Health Communication Stories
About half of the car trips in the U.S. are less than five miles"”a distance easily navigated by walking or cycling. Reducing short-distance car trips has many benefits"”it decreases car accidents, has positive benefits for the environment and increases physical health and activity, says communication professor Edward Maibach of George Mason University. An expert in climate change communication research, Maibach says that community leaders should make promotion of physical...
By Wallace, Jane Bari, Sona; Reinders, Lina; Rainford, John; Gamhewage, Gaya; Fleck, Fiona Many - some would argue all - successful public health initiatives would not be possible without strategic communications. Paradoxically, the discipline remains misunderstood, underfunded and underutilized. Communication is too often neglected and only incorporated into public health programmes as an afterthought. That is why for the first time the Bulletin is devoting a theme issue to the dynamic...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.