July 5, was an active day for severe weather with well over 400 wind damage reports extending from the Southeast all the way back into the Mid-Atlantic Region. The heat was present again in many places from the Gulf Coast northward into the Ohio River valley seeing temps surpass the 100F with Heat index values near 115F. This extreme heat needs to be taken seriously as it can have huge implications from power outages to dehydration and also long exposure to the sun and heat can have health...
The heat wave of June 20, 2012 not only marked the beginning of summer but also the beginning of a strong push of warm air that will be in the Northeast for the next couple of days. On the map we see that high pressure was located along the Eastern Seaboard which was responsible for bringing up the warm moist air from the South into the region. June 20th high temps ranged from 100F in Baltimore to 94 in New York City and 97F at Boston. These temps are not reflective of the heat index. Most of...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
More Images (3 images) »