Heat waves Reference Libraries
July 5, was an active day for severe weather with well over 400 wind damage reports extending from the Southeast all the way back into the Mid-Atlantic Region. The heat was present again in many places from the Gulf Coast northward into the Ohio River valley seeing temps surpass the 100F with Heat index values near 115F. This extreme heat needs to be taken seriously as it can have huge...
The heat wave of June 20, 2012 not only marked the beginning of summer but also the beginning of a strong push of warm air that will be in the Northeast for the next couple of days. On the map we see that high pressure was located along the Eastern Seaboard which was responsible for bringing up the warm moist air from the South into the region. June 20th high temps ranged from 100F in Baltimore...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.