Latest Heather Volk Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online According to a study published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, polluted air could increase the risk for a child to develop autism. The study shows that exposure to traffic-related air pollution during pregnancy and the first year of life is associated with more than a two-fold risk of autism. The team from the University of Southern California and Children's Hospital Los Angeles also found that exposure to...
Study demonstrates connection between autism and traffic pollution Living near a freeway may be associated with increased risk of autism, according to a study published by a team of researchers from Children's Hospital Los Angeles, the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California (USC) and the UC Davis MIND Institute. The paper will appear online in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives this week. "Children born to mothers living within 309 meters of a freeway...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.