Latest Helen Keller Services for the Blind Stories
Deaf-Blindness didn't stop with Helen Keller. People who experience combined vision and hearing losses are in need of highly specialized services. The Helmsley Trust's gift of $6 million will substantially increase the number of professionals capable of working with this unique population. (PRWEB) May 23, 2012 The Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults (HKNC) has received a $6 million gift from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust. Operated by Helen...
Continuing His Commitment to Improving the Lives of Those with Disabilities, Wonder Joins Board of Nonprofit Dedicated to Helping Blind and Disabled LOS ANGELES, March 2 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Junior Blind of America, a nonprofit dedicated to helping children and adults who are blind, visually impaired or multi-disabled achieve independence, today announced that legendary singer songwriter Stevie Wonder has joined the organization's Board of Directors. (Photo:...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.