Latest Henry M. Jackson Wilderness Stories
By Linda V. Mapes, Seattle Times Aug. 3--Come and get it: Washington's newest wilderness area, Wild Sky, is as pretty as it gets -- and has something to offer just about everybody. Not only that, but Wild Sky offers solitude, deep quiet and spectacular scenery, with none of the hassles of crowds, permits and reservations. Or even a fee. Hard to believe it, but it's true: Take your dog? Sure. And leashes are optional. Horses or other pack animals? You bet, on some trails. Hunt?...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.