Latest Hereford Cathedral Stories
Document That Helped Shape the U.S. Constitution to Go on Exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science Houston, Texas (PRWEB) August 29, 2013 An original edition of the “Magna Carta,” and the only known example of the King’s Writ, a letter from King John to the Sheriff of Gloucester dated June 20, 1215 A.D. announcing the signing of the Magna Carta, will travel to the Houston Museum of Natural Science from its home in Hereford Cathedral, and can be viewed for a limited time,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.