Latest Heteropodatoxin Stories
(Ivanhoe Newswire) -- Spider venom could hold the key to understanding how the body operates. Researchers have discovered a toxin from the American Funnel Web spider acts on T-type and N-type calcium channels. They say the toxin offers a new target for studying T-type channels, which play a role in congestive heart failure, hypertension, epilepsy and pain. The investigators, from the University of California at Riverside, purified the toxin and created a recombinant version. "If we can...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.