Latest Holy Name Province Stories
NEW YORK, Jan. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Holy Name Province, the largest group of Franciscan Friars in the U.S., has created a four-page Lenten study booklet called, "St. Paul Guides Us Through Lent to Easter." The booklet contains daily Pauline passages for the duration of Lent, from Ash Wednesday Feb. 25 to Easter Sunday on April 12, to spur thought, prayer and reflection, and is available for free through the Province's Office of Development and Web site. "Paul's message is just as relevant and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.